The RTCX power distribution module (PDM) from DTAFast is designed to replace conventional relays and fuses in competition vehicles.
Made using self-protected transistors and using a new generation microprocessor which manages the various strategies.
CAN enables communication with other modules in the vehicle including keyboards, the engine management system, data loggers, dashboards, etc.
Default setup included works with DTAFast S Series ECUs, including fan and fuel pump control over CAN.
Advantages of using a PDM
- Simplifies the design and manufacture of looms
- Reduces the weight of the wiring loom
- Allows for the individual protection of each electrical circuit
- Fully configurable by PC, it offers flexibility in the electric architecture of the vehicle
- It is waterproof and can therefore be fitted easily in a vehicle, unlike fuses and relays which must be protected from heat and humidity
Individual output configuration
• Maximum current thresholds (8 values)
• Starting time, used for loads with strong in-rush current (8 values)
• Status in case of loss of CAN bus: ON or OFF
• Value of over current allowed before power cut
• Time for reactivation in case of over current (8 values)
• Choice of on switch on the control board
• Initial status when powered up: ON or OFF
• The information transmitted on the CAN bus allows you to know the value of the current as well as the status: ON, OFF, DEFAULT
• The analogue and digital inputs are also transmitted on the CAN bus.
The RTCM also manages the main relay (300 A maximum) of the general battery cut-off switch and the emergency stop button located outside the vehicle.
• 1 High Power outputs programmable between 15 and 50 A (8 thresholds)
• 15 Low Power outputs programmable between 7.5 and 25 A (8 thresholds)
• Start-up window programmable between 0.15 and 155 mS (4 thresholds)
• 1 CAN
• 1 USB
• 1 MASTER_ON input
• 6 x switched digital inputs
• Solid aluminium casing
• IP58 waterproof
• Operational Temperatures range -10°C to + 100°C.